When is the best time to schedule your senior portraits? Charlotte photographer Nina Bashaw
Finally its you final year as a high school, how exciting and what a huge accomplishment! As you prepare for your next phase in life you are probably consumed by your finals, sports, applying to colleges, and prom. You are also liking thinking about your senior photos and wondering “When should I book my Augusta, GA senior portrait photographer?” You might be overwhelmed with everything that you have going on in your life right now and can’t decided on when you want to book your senior pictures. One good thing about living in South Carolina is our weather isn’t too extreme in either direction, so you can easily schedule your senior portraits any month of the year.
Because I am natural light, outdoor senior portrait photographer, I do all my sessions on location. Ideally I like to schedule your senior photo session about two hours before sunset, this is wha we professional Greenville photographers call “golden hour” its the most beautiful light! For me personally my two favorite times of year for senior portraits are spring and fall. The weather is beautiful and the sunsets are just gorgeous. However if your schedules for spring and fall are jam packed here are some pros and cons of each season. Here are my tips for scheduling your senior portraits all year around.
- Winter is a great time of year if you’re wanting an urban / downtown location because the flowers, trees, and grass are not as colorful. So a cool alley way or an interesting architectural background is a great option!
- If you love cold weather, sweaters, scarves, and layering, this is a great time of year for you.
-It can get cold and rainy in the winter in South Carolina. So if you’re not a fan of being in the cold for a couple hours for your shoot winter isn’t the season for you.
- It can often be a very busy time of year for you and your family with holidays. It might be hard for you to make the time to book your senior portraits due to holiday schedule.
- The weather is generally really nice in the spring in Columbia, South Carolina. It’s a great time of year if you want a park or nature setting because the the trees and flowers are in bloom and its not too hot or to cold.
- Because of the gorgeous spring weather you can to do a mix of cold weather and warm weather outfits!
- We can have a long bouts of rain and thunderstorms here in Columbia, SC in the spring and you might have to reschedule your senior portraits a couple different times due to weather.
- It’s a very busy time for you as a senior because you’re finishing up the school year and team sports. Finding an open evening to schedule your senior photos might be tough if you are involved in several activities.
- You’re officially done with the school year, no homework!! Your schedule might be a little more flexible in the summer sense you are out for the school year!
- Typically you won’t have to worry too much about the rain. If you’re a summer girl who loved shorts tank tops and summer dresses, the summer is the perfect time of year for your shoot.
- HEAT! Lets not joke about the hot summers of Charlotte, NC! It’s hot and if you don’t like summer heat, I highly recommend waiting until the Fall.
- If your play sports or other school activities you probably have already turned those uniforms and other items back to the school. So you won’t be able to use those for prop for you senior portrait session.
Augusta, GA senior photographer | Best rated Charlotte photographer | Columbia senior portrait photographers
Greenville portrait photographer | SC fine art photographer | Senior Pictures